Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Not Me Monday Tuesday


I figure, since I worked Monday, today is my Monday.

I did not throw my son out in the snow just so I could get an adorable picture of him. I would never do that! He hates being cold, and I am fully aware of that, so surely, I did not do that. And don't call me Shirley...P.S. He loved it!

I did not debate on whether to start feeding Luke solids because it sounded like a lot more work and laundry. Which it is, but still kinda fun.

I did not go to Old Navy last week on my "Zoeby Day" (One of my days where Luke is at daycare and I can go and do whatever I want!) and as I drove away, I did not look in the back seat and wonder, ever so calmly, "Now where did I put Luke?". It was the calmness that bothered me most. Kinda like "where did I leave my glasses?". I'm a good mom, right? Of course I am, because I would not have done that!

I am not on "blogstalking restriction". I do not spend countless hours days anxiously waiting for twitter updates from MckMama about the health of her baby. I then do not cry everytime I think about little Stellan and what he is going through. I then did not make the mistake of clicking on links to other peoples blogs where I read horrible stories about people losing their babies to SIDS and other random reasons. I now do not wake up every hour or so to make sure Luke is breathing and that there is nothing that might smother him in his crib. I am not an emotional mess. I do not need to restart my Zoloft for such a silly reason. And because I only allow two restrictions at a time. The "pajama restriction" has been lifted. So Luke and I will be doing some retail therapy today.

Luke did not finish dead last in the NCAA brackets. No son of mine would be LAST. His mother did not fill out his brackets for him. And she certainly did not pick teams by who had the most letters of his name in them. His Final Four teams were definitely not Louisville, Marquette, Duke, and Butler. And she did not pick Duke to win it all simply because it rhymes with Luke...nope, sure didn't!

I did not misplace my phone on Sunday. I am way too together to do that. I know where everything is all the time, except for Luke on occasion. I did not miss several calls from people I probably should have talked to. And most importantly there was not a broken up message from my sister-in-law where all I heard was "Crate and Barrel, couch, and discount". Sounded VERY important! Darn it!

Alex & I did not take away Luke's pacifier for our own convenience. It has not been torture for all involved.

We are not super excited that we will be spending Luke's first birthday (well, September, close enough) in Disney World! We are also not thrilled to be staying at the new part of the Contemporary resort. Yeah! Thanks Grandma & Grandpa G!

I did not buy Luke a fantastic speedo with bananas on it for our trip to Florida. I also did not decide to buy some super cool Hawaiian shirts. He will not hate me someday. Especially for the banana speedo.

2 comments:

mattjustmull said...

Baby Banana Hammock?

Zoe said...

Exactly. Seems soooo wrong!