Monday, August 10, 2009

Tut Tut, Looks Like Rain

Since Luke and I were both up early this morning, I decided to put together his swing and castle we got him for his birthday-yes it's in October. Do I care? Nope!

I see two lies in this picture. One of those lies is in three different languages, which should be an international crime! It's doubtful, but perhaps it would only have taken me 20 minutes to assemble this had Luke not been desperately trying to help by climbing up the rock wall during the assembly process. I believe it took about an hour. The second lie is the joyful loving look on this woman's face. I am still waiting for this look...


Once I got Luke up from his nap, I liberally applied his sunblock in preparation for playtime outside. Something neither of us are accustomed to. Lo and behold a large black thundercloud hovering above Luke's pool and new play thingy. It's hard to tell, but the sky was really really dark.
It's quite difficult to explain to a 10 month old, greasy with sunblock, wearing a banana speedo, that he is in fact, NOT going outside. There was a lot of kicking and screaming during the wiping off the sunblock and putting back on his clothes process. Which was then followed by the looking longingly out this window at the two forbidden desires. Breaks your heart, huh? I know.
So what do you do when you can't play with a new toy because it's raining out? You play with box the said toy came in, OF COURSE!!
And because it was raining, play time was pants optional! (also see above where he was kicking and screaming during the dressing process. I have my limits)
Isn't air conditioning sooooo much fun?!?!?! I don't think we ever need to go outside (at least in summer months)...okay, apparently there was only one lie on the box, because I now am sporting a joyful loving smile watching this handsome guy play.

1 comment:

Christi said...

I'm so sad there's not a picture of the banana speedo.

But, cute as always. His smile melts my heart.