Monday, February 9, 2009

Not me! Monday


As I type this post, it is still Monday, so it counts!

This past week I did not watch my first KU basketball game of the season. I am a fan. I have always put KU first (which is why it took me 5 1/2 years to graduate...I was holding out for a championship-little did I know I would have to wait 13 years. I couldn't hold out that long. You're welcome Mom & Dad).

I have not started making Luke wear bibs full time and also tuck a burp cloth in his pants to save me from having to change clothes when he spits up...which he does constantly. I am not that lazy! And heaven knows he has plenty of clothes to change into.

I did not eat out for lunch 3 times last week. I'm saving money and calories, so I definitely would not have done that, even if said lunches were with good friends. So I know, no one saw me at Panera, Chick-fil-a, or Mi Ranchito...

I did not force Luke to participate in an hour and a half long photo shoot trying to figure out how changing the aperture on my camera affected the pictures I was taking.

I then did not have to re-set my camera to it's default settings because I had it all sorts of screwed up! I also then did not look for photography classes at the community college.

I did not wake up to Luke crying at 3:15am (because he had turned himself sideways and his forehead was pressed against the crib...bless his heart). I then did not lay there until 3:33, just so I could make a wish. That would be crazy. For heaven's sake, go to bed! I then was not completely awake because I was so focused on the clock. I then did not play "What time is it?" by myself until 4:14. " What time is it?" is a fun little game my friend Julie and I played all through college and nursing school. Instead of paying attention and taking notes and learning, and stuff, we would periodically ask "What time is it?" and the other person would have to guess. We got pretty good at it. Julie is in CRNA school now...I'm sure she's paying attention. But if not, "What time is it, Julie?".

I did not lay awake last night at 3 am giggling to myself because I remembered this time in high school when we had to interview each other as a "get to know you" at the beginning of the year, regardless of the fact we all knew each other. This one girl put her favorite class as "Ho-Mech". I must have missed Ho Mechanics in the enrollment process, because I just took Home Ec. I am sure it wasn't nearly as interesting a class. I have lots of stories I could tell about that girl, one involving Jolly Ranchers and a dead mouse, but lets save that for another time...

I did not let Luke cry it out last night. Luke has been sleeping through the night for quite sometime now, so the fact that he was crying so much was foreign to me. I had no clue what to do other than let him cry. Alex then did not discover that he had a poopy diaper (Luke, not Alex) which is why he was crying. He did not fall right to sleep after being changed. I did not feel like a horrible mother for letting him cry while he filled his pants. Sorry Stinks McGee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still make wishes on the clock!! I ALWAYS think of you when I do it!!
Everytime I tell the story about the dead mouse, I laugh until I cry, and half the time I can't even finish the story. It's one of those things, "You had to be there!!". Thank God you were!!!!
I love and miss you so much!!