Monday, December 1, 2008

Let it sleet! Let it rain! Let it snow!

Oh the weather outside was frightful, but we managed to have a good time. Alex and I ditched the kid for night of dinner, shopping, and Plaza lights. It was harder than I thought leaving Luke, but I managed to do it without tears. Of course the guilt of not crying when I left him did almost bring me to tears. It's a no-win situation. However, it's amazing how good a full nights sleep feels!

The weather was awful. It would alternate from rain to sleet to snow and was just plain cold! Fortunately, Alex and I love that weather. It reminded us of our honeymoon- a very cold, rainy, snowy spring in Prague. We braved the weather, periodically ducking into stores and coffee shops. (If only we had a Smitten to keep warm) I pretty much finished my Christmas shopping and added some items to my list, ahem, Tivol. Actually, I think I added it to my five year anniversary present list. I suppose I can survive another four years for fantastic diamonds :)

All and all, it was a wonderful mini-getaway for Alex and I and we thank my parents for taking such wonderful care of our baby! I can honestly say I never worried about him being taken care of. I worried about him forgetting me or worse remembering and hating me, but that's all. He didn't seem too emotionally scarred, or spoiled so we were pleased!



No comments: