Monday, December 1, 2008

Not Me Monday

Last week, I did not spend my birthday at home watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta, the reunion show. I was not thoroughly entertained. I also did not eat cheesecake, I'm on a diet.

Like everyone else last week, I did not gorge myself on wonderfully tasty goodies on Thanksgiving day. Likewise, I then did not gorge myself on popcorn at the movies that night. That would be crazy. Who needs to eat a tub of buttery, salty goodness after stuffing themselves with turkey and all the fixins? Not me, that's for sure. Nope, I'm still on that diet...

I did not finally get rid of my maternity jeans and buy new "real" jeans yesterday. I had not been wearing them everyday, procrastinating buying new pants until I lose weight. (That diet's not going so well...see the above entries) Those pants were not hanging off of me and constantly falling down, causing my dear husband to either make fun of me, or pull them up for me. And they were not oh so comfy...I will not miss them dearly.

I did not leave my 7 week old son overnight with his grandparents while his daddy and I spent a terrific night on the Plaza. It did not sleet. It did not rain. It did not snow. It was not freezing. It was not fantastic anyway. I did not think about him every second and want to call to check on him. I did not go with the intention of buying new pants for myself and only buy Luke adorable little things. He does not need new clothes, his pants aren't the ones falling off.

Here's hoping this week goes better for that diet...but I think we all know how this is going to turn out.

No comments: