Friday, January 2, 2009

Back to the grind stone

Well, New Years Eve was my first day back to work. Let's just say it went as I expected :) My morning started off fine, a bit nervous about remembering how to do my job after 3 months. I was not at all concerned about a day without Luke. After all, I'd left him before. So on my way out, I peeked in to give him a kiss and of course he woke up, looked at me, and gave me a Mayor McCheese grin, and fell back to sleep. I of course began sobbing. I don't know why, but I did. Once I got in the car, I was fine. But I've never been so happy to get home and hug my baby in my life! It was an exciting New Years Eve. I believe I made it to 9:35pm. I was somewhat disheartened to learn my 5 year old niece managed to stay up until 11pm! I'm so old...but well rested. Hope you all have a wonderful 2009!

A picture, only because I get in trouble with Grandma for posts without a picture of her baby.

No comments: