Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mo' Bumpers Mo' Problems

In my ever vigilant quest for safety, I have denied Luke his crib bumper. I am quite anti-bumper and never intended to even buy one. I blame pregnancy hormones for forcing me to purchase a crib bedding set. So basically, for $200 I got a fitted sheet and a diaper stacker (does anyone ever use the quilt either?If you look closely, you can see the corner of it on the back of my rocker. Very useful.). I don't have sheets that expensive!

Being more mobile now, Luke is all over his bed at night. He is constantly getting his little legs stuck in the slats, throwing his pacifier out of the crib, waking him & us up. Determined not to give in, but knowing something must be done, I bought this!

This is a handy dandy breathable mesh bumper! Not only is it breathable, it is collapsible so that he can't pull himself up on it and throw himself out of his crib...hey, I worry about this stuff. It worked great! He slept all night again without any leg trappings. I didn't have to crawl on the floor to find pacifiers under the crib or rocker. It was a win-win for everyone involved. Then, during his nap I peeked in to check on him (make sure he's breathing...yes, I still do that. It was a 3 hour nap, I get nervous) & I saw this



Hmmm. I guess the collapsible bumper doesn't inhibit him from getting his feet out. Since it wasn't bothering him, I left it. Plus, I kinda wanted him to wake up. It was such a beautiful day and I really wanted to get outside with him. After a few minutes, I heard him kicking and babbling a bit. A few minutes later, it was quiet again, so I peeked and saw this
Hmmm. I guess the breathable bumper doesn't inhibit him from trying to suffocate himself with his blanket. At least it's a breathable blanket, right?? And yes, I did take the blanket, waking him up. Then we went for a walk. It was a lovely morning.

So, for $230 now, I still have a fitted sheet and a diaper stacker...and his pacifiers aren't on the floor, so I've got that going for me.

1 comment:

King Lumi said...

Don't forget we got the valence for his window and the cover for his boxspring that you can barely see through the slats of his crib!

Best $200 spent EVAR!