Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fame

Last week, Luke and I had a most enjoyable lunch at Chick-Fil-A with Molly, Noah and Ainsley (future Mrs. Tobia). During said lunch, Luke did his usual staring intently at people, especially small children. This boy is an eavesdropper that would make his Great Grandma Norma proud! I must work on his social etiquette. I'm okay with eavesdropping, just not so blatant.

A lovely woman seated in a booth with children around her, stared back with a friendly smile. Much to my surprise, this woman says "Is his name Luke?" . Now this caught me a bit off guard. Luke and I don't venture too far out of our circle of friends. So why would this stranger know my child? Turns out she is a neighbor of Miss Angel and sees him when they are playing outside. I thought that was kinda cute.

We returned to our meal and I casually mentioned to Molly that I figured she recognized him from my blog. It's at this point that Molly unleashes a rather loud "Ha!". Like my statement truly amused her. It wasn't a courtesy giggle or even a slightly amused chuckle at my little joke. It was a harsh and hurtful explosive sound. Like it is totally impossible that someone out of my "circle of friends" even reads my blog. Thanks Molly, you're a good friend! I'll have you know I have one "follower" of my blog. I haven't checked to see who it is, mainly out of fear that it is you.

This one's for you Grandparents

3 comments:

molly said...

is that your camera strap?? and- as for the alleged "rather loud "Ha!" i beleive we both shared a chuckle at that....and nope- not your "follower"- wonder who it is??!! glad i can keep you grounded :)now....get lukey all fixed up so we can hang out!

ainsLEY said...

future momma-in-law,
i love little lukey lots, and can't wait to marry him. however, i just wanted to tell you that my name is 'ainsLEY'.....so our new family name will read luke and ainsley tobia. i think it's fantastic :)

Angel said...

Wow! I didn't know that? I wonder which one of my neighbors it was! I'm all curious now! It's funny because people (my friends) will run into Eva in public places (like Walmart) and surprise her parents with how many people she knows outside of them!